The Business of Fashion is seeking an experienced journalist to lead coverage of the intersection of fashion, business and technology. You will bring strong reporting, analytical thinking and writing skills to contribute to agenda setting features and exclusive news. You’ll have room to shape your pace as you focus on topics like the big tech rush for fashion, digital shopping, blockchain, the metaverse and more. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and growing team.
Who are we?
The Business of Fashion (BoF) is a next-generation fashion media company designed for today’s global and hyper-connected world. Founded in 2007 by Imran Amed, BoF is known for its authoritative take on the global fashion industry, described as “The Fashion Economist”, “A Daily Destination for Fashion Players” and ” The Industry Bible. “
Providing tools and services to support the journey through the fashion and beauty industries, including news and analysis, careers and education, BoF has become an indispensable resource for fashion executives. , creatives, students and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries.
Commitment to diversity
BoF is committed to building a diverse workforce and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants and employees receive equal treatment regardless of race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, gender or sexual orientation, sex, age, disability, marital status or civil partner, pregnancy or maternity.
Commitment to inclusiveness
BoF is committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can get to work and reach their full potential within their roles using a growth mindset. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture for our employees globally.
What we need you to do
You will help drive and shape coverage of the interplay between fashion and technology. You will contribute to a range of in-depth reporting, investigative articles and news analysis for a target audience of smart decision-makers in the global-minded fashion industry, while meeting tight deadlines and deadlines. weekly goals.
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Show and broadcast 1 technology-focused story per week.
- Contribute regularly to BoF’s series of high-level case studies and cover articles.
- Monitor and contribute to daily news coverage.
- Elevate important news with more in-depth, timely analysis.
- Cultivate a well-developed network of sources to provide scoops and exclusive information.
- Source images and create graphics for your stories.
- Work with a collegiate team of journalists and provide mentorship to more junior members.
- Take advantage of opportunities to develop and shape the basic coverage of the pace of fashion technology.
Who are you
A seasoned journalist, fluent in business, fashion and technology writing. You will be full of ideas, confident in presenting stories, and able to quickly execute detailed news, analysis and reporting.
Experience in the fashion industry is a plus, but more than that, the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, large-scale environment, combined with the following skills, will set you up for success:
- Keen judgment of news and the ability to distill and improve background information with additional analysis.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to tell complex stories with flair.
- Agility to manage multiple stories at the same time with a strong sense of responsibility and attention to detail.
- Ability to cultivate a network of high level industrial sources.
- Willingness to work occasional flexible hours to meet the needs of a global news cycle.
You will know you are successful when …
- You provide a constant flow of features that engage and inform our global community.
- You’ve produced features that bolster our authority and coverage in the fashion tech space.
- You are up to date with the most important news in the fashion industry and ahead of the competition.
This position may be based in New York or in the San Francisco Bay Area.